Popular Posts

Friday, September 30, 2011

Really? Tomorrow's October?

My last entry spoke of summer's flying by, and today it's really gone.  Now it's time to gear up for fall:  colder nights, cooler, breezier days, and of course, new projects!  

I can't wait for pumpkin bread in the oven and stew in the slow cooker.  Yes, even though I adore summer, fall has its charms, too.  And, while I know it's leading up to winter (which I don't think I'll ever actually like), I don't think I could live in a place where fall doesn't happen at all.  And hey, now we can wear our shawls and warm socks and fantastic hats!

So what's on the agenda in this invigorating new season?  I can't reveal much just yet, but the new design so far is proving to be tremendous fun.  A few weeks ago at Bubonicon, I met Darien, the genius behind Custom Cranium (Home of the Snuff Stuffies).   Now, I realize this art isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for me, it's a cup of tea and a buttered scone to boot, and I want one.  Or two.  Or...you get the idea.

Anyhow, I mentioned to Darien that I knit, and she said, "You know, I've always wanted..." and I could immediately visualize what she described, so I ran with it, working for days afterward on the concept she'd described, pestering her with questions via email, coloring sketches, and knitting swatches.  So far, four different possible designs have emerged from that conversation, and one is now in the actual working stage; hopefully, the pattern will be up on Ravelry by the end of October or mid-November (I'll knit as fast as I can!).  Eventually, I want to have a crocheted version of it, too.

I love opportunities like this.

Meanwhile, I've put a new pattern up on Ravelry here.  It's a little different from my usual work, but it's also a hint at more to come from a new line I've been working on for quite some time.  I hope you like it, and I should be rolling out other more adventurous patterns soon!

Happy needling!

No comments:

Post a Comment